You want the right copy, not more copy. When someone lands on your page (before they scroll), they should see three things:
- A headline: Describing your offering and who it’s for
- A hook: Describing the benefits they will see when they buy in to your offering
- A call-to-action: An instant gratification next step (should relate to head & hook)
Bust out your favorite pen, it’s time to start creating.
- Draft your headline. Include who it’s for and what you do.
- Now, think out your benefits-driven hook. Emphasize results.
- Brainstorm on the call-to-action... what’s the natural next step you want the user to talk? Think instant gratification.
- Select just one call-to-action and outline what happens after the user clicks. What’s the payoff and how is it delivered?