Now that we've got all the puzzle pieces on the table, let's start arranging them. To recap, we've got:
- A headline: Describing your offering and who it’s for
- A hook: Describing the benefits they will see when they buy in to your offering
- A call-to-action: Instant gratification next step (and what happens after click)
- About you: A short bio or mission statement (see Step 2; Question 7)
- Social proof: Your preferred format (testimonial, publication list, etc.)
The final, optional piece:
- Entry points: The top 2 or 3 ways you’d like your audience to engage with your site next. (Ex. Read the blog, Check out my services, Shop products)
Outline your content and gather your resources.
- For every section, outline notate all copy & images.
- Gather any photos or images – include at least 1 photo of you for the About section.
- Organize all copy into a Word doc and spell check.
- Double check all copy to be sure it matches the tone outlined in Step 1; Question #4. Rewrite as necessary.
- Pop the bubbly! You planned your perfect homepage. That was hard work; be sure to celebrate yo’ self!