The original purpose of the leap year was “to harness the natural celestial rhythms of the universe and restore a sense of balance”. In 45BC, Caesar added a day to February to accommodate the fact that it takes our planet 365 days + six hours to get its fine self all the way around the sun.
So, maybe, today you use this added day to restore balance to your own life.
Ideas for your extra day:
- Try this short restorative yoga sequence.
- Reground with a five minute calming meditation.
- Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths – filling from the bottom of your belly to the top of your ribs and all the way back down.
- Treat your fancy self to a detox water with cucumber and fresh mint leaves.
- Make an at-home spa and try a super-hydrating sheet mask (this is my current favorite).
- Tap into your inner Bey and learn the Formation dance.
What are YOU doing with your extra time? Let me know in the comments below.